The Committee on Petitions (PETI) of the European Parliament is sending a delegation to the US to discuss the harm done by FATCA. Read PETI’s announcement:
Fact Finding Mission to Washington D.C.
A delegation of the PETI Committee will go to Washington DC from 18 to 22 July, to raise awareness and discuss the impact of the US Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) on EU citizens and to have exchanges of views with tax officials, Senators and Representatives in Congress and stakeholders, to find concrete solutions for the problems of the numerous EU citizens and their family members impacted by the extraterritorial application of citizenship-based taxation.
The PETI delegation is a follow-up of recently discussed petitions relating to the effects of FATCA on EU citizens, especially those with dual EU-US nationality, including difficulties for US residents in the European Union to access some financial services and alleged infringements of EU rights and exemptions from some consumer protection legislation.
Members participating in the mission:
Yana TOOM (Renew) – Chair of Delegation
Cristina MAESTRE (S&D)
Ulrike MÜLLER (Renew)
Alexander BERNHUBER (EPP)
Marc ANGEL (S&D)
Kosma ZŁOTOWSKI (ECR)
Mario FURORE (NI)
- Burggraf: A European Parliament PETI committee ‘fact-finding mission’ heads to DC next week, 14 July 2022.
- Angeloni: EU delegates set for Fatca crunch talks with US, 13 July 2022.
Other posts on this blog regarding PETI on FATCA:
- FATCA petition in the Committee on Petitions | Commission Reply of 15 February 2022, 7 April 2022
- Letter by the PETI-commission after the meeting of 2 September 2021 | FATCA, 15 October 2021
- FATCA in de Europese verzoekschriftencommissie PETI, 2 September 2021
- FATCA in the European PETI-commission on 2 September 2021 | are European residents entitled to protection against unlawful U.S. legislation?, 30 August 2021
- European FATCA petition against discrimination by financial institutions, 12 August 2021
- FATCA-discussion in the PETI committee, 11 November 2020
- FATCA petition in committee meeting of the European Parliament, 6 November 2020
General information on this blog on FATCA and Citizenship Based Taxation:
- Introduction (in Dutch),
- Articles on this blog (Dutch and English),
- Page with links to articles etcetera by third party (Dutch and English),
- Information sources (Dutch).