Today European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS) published its opinion on the European Commission’s action plan for a comprehensive Union policy on preventing money laundering and terrorism financing.
- EDPS: Data Protection requirements must go hand in hand with the prevention of money laundering and terrorism financing: announcement, opinion.
- Action plan: the European Commission’s action plan for a comprehensive Union policy on preventing money laundering and terrorism financing (C(2020)2800 final), published on 7 May 2020.
Earlier publications EDPS:
- EDPS Opinion on a Commission Proposal amending Directive (EU) 2015/849 and Directive 2009/101/EC, Access to beneficial ownership information and data protection implications, 2 February 2017.
- EDPS finds major deficiencies in anti-money laundering proposals: announcement, opinion, 4 July 2013.
- All money laundering publications.