The ‘AML package’ as announced by the European Commission and now being debated by the European Parliament (EP), will drastically change the European anti-money laundering (AML) and anti-terrorist financing (CFT) landscape and potentially affect the fundamental rights of citizens, read this article. Posts on this blog on the package: .
The AML package consists of the following drafts:
AMLAR, the regulation regarding the new AML/CFT authority, Authority for Countering Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism (AMLA),
- Draft European Commission COM/2021/421
- Procedure file EP 2021/0240(COD)
- Draft opinion 16 March 2022 Committee on Budgetary Control (CONT) pdf – doc; rapporteur José Manuel Fernandes, deadline for tabling amendments 6 April 2022
- Amendments 31-79 draft opinion BUDG pdf – doc
- Amendments 39-152 draft opinion CONT pdf – doc
- Opinion 18 May 2022 CONT pdf – doc
- Amendments 49-196 draft opinion Committee on Constitutional Affairs (AFCO) pdf – doc
- Draft report ECON LIBE 17 May 2022 pdf – doc; rapporteurs: Luis Garicano, Emil Radev
AMLAR is on the ECON LIBE agenda of 14 June 2022, read this post.
Posts on this blog:
AMLR, the new AML/CFT regulation,
- Draft European Commission COM/2021/420
- Procedure file EP 2021/0239(COD)
- Draft report ECON LIBE 15 March 2022 pdf – doc, rapporteurs: deadline for tabling amendments 31 Marc 2022
Posts on this blog:.
AMLD6, the 6th AML/CFT directive with rules for the member states of the EU,
- Draft European Commission COM/2021/423
- Procedure file EP 2021/0250(COD)
- Draft report ECON LIBE 18 May 2022 pdf – doc, rapporteurs: deadline for tabling amendments 16 June 2022
- Agenda ECON LIBE 2 June 2022
Posts on this blog:
The regulation on information accompanying transfers of funds and certain crypto-assets,
- Draft European Commission COM/2021/422
- Procedure file EP
- Opinion 2 March 2022 JURI pdf – doc
- Report ECON LIBE 6 April 2022 pdf – doc
OTHER EUROPEAN INFORMATION
- Announcement European Commission, 20 July 2021.
European Central Bank:
- Opinion of 16 February 2022.
European Parliamentary Research Service:
- Briefing AML package 20 December 2021.
- Preventing money laundering in the banking sector – reinforcing the supervisory and regulatory framework. In-Depth Analysis 30 September 2021.
- Briefing AML package 29 March 2021.
- All AML-documents by EPRS.
- European Data Protection Board (EDPB) 20 May 2022: announcement, file 1, file 2, file 3.
- European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS) 24 September 2021, opinion on the anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism (AML/CFT) package of legislative proposals: announcement, opinion. All AML opinions are found here.
- European Data Protection Board (EDPB) 19 May 2021, EDPB letter to the European Commission on the protection of personal data in the AML-CFT legislative proposals: announcement, letter.
Read my article Violation of data protection principles and discrimination of 30 March 2022.
Other fundamental rights
(like prevention of de-risking and protecting SMEs and assessment of legal remedies against guidelines, RTS and other legislation by AMLA and European Commission):
Articles on this blog
On the AML package I have amongst others written:
- Violation of data protection principles and discrimination | part 1 of Horrors of European legislation against crime (AML/CFT).
- Revision of beneficial ownership rules in AMLR | part 3 of Horrors of European legislation against crime (AML/CFT).
- EU’s Iron Fist – Europe authoritarianly steamrolls over national supervisors and obliged entities | AML package, AML, CFT.
- Addition of non-bank lenders to the European AML/CFT regime | EBA advice on non-bank lending.
- All articles on the AML package on this blog.
This page is updated until 30 May 2022 and may be incomplete