French Accidental Americans have filed complaints against French banks based on discrimination. The group is represented by a French law firm that on 7 July announced:
The Association of Accidental Americans is filing a complaint against the French banks
Dupond-Moretti & Vey represents several hundred people, members of the Association of Accidental Americans, who have decided to file a complaint with the Public Prosecutor of Paris against several online banks, including Boursorama and ING Direct. Their complaint shows in fact that the rejections by these banks of their applications to open accounts result solely from the fact that they have American nationality.
Some information is to be found in the articles mentioned below.
General information on this blog on the European victims of the United States is to be found on this page (in Dutch).
BREAKING: ‘Accidental Americans’ take online banks in France to court again over alleged discrimination– for 2nd time in a year.(Seems if you’re American but not Brad Pitt, the banks dont want you…) https://t.co/MZArBNCtn0 @USAccidental @TAPInternation @SophieintVeld @Jude_KD pic.twitter.com/JmVuq1Wxoi
— Helen Burggraf (@helenburggraf) July 7, 2020
“Zelfs Superman wil zijn Amerikaanse nationaliteit opgeven”:
Même Superman a décidé de renoncer à la nationalité américaine 😁 pic.twitter.com/TrYyfv6cnl
— Accidental Americans (@USAccidental) July 1, 2020
Some of the articles in the media:
- Accidental Americans in France begin legal action, International Investment 8 juli 2020.
- ‘Accidental Americans’ Seek French Court Action on Bank Accounts, Bloomberg Tax 7 juli 2020.
- ‘Accidental Americans’ in France take online banks to court again over alleged discrimination, American Expat Finance, 6 juli 2020.
- France’s ‘accidental Americans’ ﬁle new suit over bank refusals, The Local fr 6 juli 2020.
- «Américain accidentel», Fabien ne peut pas ouvrir un compte en ligne en France, 6 juli 2020.
- France’s ‘Accidental Americans’ File New Suit Over Bank Refusals.
- Empêchés d’ouvrir des comptes bancaires en ligne, des «Américains accidentels» portent plainte, Le Figaro 6 juli 2020.
L’Association des Américains Accidentels (AAA) is a French organisation that defends the interests of Accidental Americans in France. It also has a Facebook page with recent information. The chairman, Fabien Lehagre, has a youtube channel.