- Parliament: Press release European Parliament, 5 July 2022.
- Commission: Questions and Answers: Digital Services Act, 20 May 2022.
- Commission: Digital Services Act: Commission welcomes political agreement on rules ensuring a safe and accountable online environment, 23 April 2022.
- Commission: Questions and Answers: Digital Markets Act: Ensuring fair and open digital markets, 23 April 2022.
- Commission: Digital Markets Act: Commission welcomes political agreement on rules to ensure fair and open digital markets, 25 March 2022.
- Commission fact page: The Digital Markets Act: ensuring fair and open digital markets.
- Commission fact page: The Digital Services Act: ensuring a safe and accountable online environment.
From some data protection NGOs:
- EDRi: The DSA should pave the way for systemic change, 5 July 2022, intro: “Today, 5 July, is a victorious day for human rights online as we embark on the next stage in our journey – real alternatives to the currently dominant surveillance business model. The European Parliament’s approval of the Digital Services Act (DSA) will bring many opportunities to limit the huge power Big Tech companies like Google, Meta (Facebook) and Amazon have over people and democracies. However, this regulation is only the first step in ensuring people’s rights online are protected, more work is needed for a better internet. Now, it is imperative that we see strong enforcement by regulatory authorities that will ensure the high human rights standards the new rules promise“.
- EDRi: Civil society groups urge EU Parliament to use all its powers to ensure Digital Markets Act enforcement has necessary resources, 30 June 2022.
- EFF: EFF Statement on EU Parliament’s Adoption of Digital Services Act and Digital Markets Act, The laws have important tools to make the internet a fairer place, but there are implementation challenges ahead, 5 July 2022.
Some articles in the media:
- Europees Parlement bezegelt “historische” digitale wetten DSA en DMA, HLN, 5 July 2022.
- Commissioner hints at enforcement details as EU Parliament adopts DSA and DMA, Euractiv, 5 July 2022.
- EU-Parlament stimmt DSA und DMA zu, SZ, 5 July 2022.
- The Digital Services Act: It’s time for Europe to turn the tables on Big Tech, Algorithmwatch, 5 July 2022.
- Parlement greenlights Digital Markets Act and Digital Services Act, Techzine, 5 July 2022.
- EU-Parlament in Straßburg : Grenzen für Facebook, Google und Co., ZDF 5 July 2022.
Addition 18 July 2022
Press release Council: DMA: Council gives final approval to new rules for fair competition online.